Friday, June 12, 2009

Wetlands


I am attributing this post to my friend Julie who told me about this place - sadly, we haven't been.... yet!

The Wetlands Park is located at Tropicana & Broadbent (right by the Silver Bowl).

OK - this is Julie's idea too, but I loooveeedd it! Get a playgroup together and have a scavenger hunt! Make a quick list of items like: rock shaped like heart, barrel cactus, quail, butterfly - you get the idea. Give each group a digital camera to take a quick snapshot of the things they find. Guess what?? After a few trips, you can get pretty specific about the types of cactus they have to find or species of birds... again that sneaky education ;-)

During the summer, I am thinking the best time to go would be early in the morning before it gets too hot. The information center is open from 9am to 3pm.

HAVE FUN EXPLORING!

No comments:

Post a Comment