Thursday, May 14, 2009

Farmer's Market


When I think about summer, I think picnics, pools, watermelons, plums from my grandma's tree, and loads of other scrumptious fruits! I have wanted to hit Henderson's Farmer's Market for some time, but have yet to make it down there. This summer, I was thinking about making a day of it.

A day or so before you go, have a little lesson with the kids about food groups and the importance of eating healthy. Have them cut out pictures from the grocery ads (you know how I love my ads so this may be hard for me) and do one of two things: Older kids can arrange them in a food pyramid (like the one here), or get a few paper plates and have them create a "meal" with their cut outs.

Take a trip to the market and see how many items you can pick for your "meal" or just go see how many fruits and veggies they can name.
For dates and times, click below
Henderson's Farmer's Market - Water Street in Henderson
Clark County Backyard Farmer Market
LV Farmers Market - Multiple locations

No comments:

Post a Comment