Sunday, May 10, 2009

Summer Reading Program


I am a huge fan of reading with the kids and I love that the libraries have a great Summer Reading Program. From June 1st - July 31st kids can read books and earn prizes! It has been my experience that the sooner you get done the better (meaning you will actually get the prize at the end and not an i.o.u). This is a FREE program so much fun!

For Las Vegas-Clark County program details, click here. If you want to add storytimes and other free activities, check out this great list of fun and free things at these libraries! I don't think I will post all the activities on the main calendar since there are so many location options. Oh, I almost forgot, they also have a Teen Summer Reading Program if you have older kids too!

The Henderson Summer Reading Programs do not begin until June 13th. They do not have information up yet as far as the types of prizes the kids will earn. In the past, there have been free passes to the Children's Museum, or Shark Reef. I will keep an eye out and post again with the details. In he meantime, check HERE to create a personalized calendar of events for your family. This calendar is for the Green Valley and Paseo Verde libraries. To make one for your area, simply select your library in the top left box.

No comments:

Post a Comment